The Discipleship Director exists to catalyze the church in the areas of discipleship and assimilation. Expected to maintain a growing, personal relationship with Jesus and lead others in doing the same. The Discipleship Director reports directly to the Pastor of Teaching &Discipleship.
Full-Time: 40 hours/week
- Community Groups. Shares leadership responsibilities with the Pastor of Teaching &Discipleship to assist Community Group Leaders with:
• Leader Events - coordinate leader dinners, GroupLink, appreciation, leader development training, and check - ins.
• Multiplication of Community Groups - identifying, training and helping plant new groups each semester.
• Training - help to develop and create training materials with Discipleship Pastor to catalyze community.
• Weekly Communication - Weekly correspondence with Community Group Leaders and actively working with the Communications Team.
- Next Steps. Oversees all organizational processes and assimilation of the following areas:
• Salvation - oversee follow up process for new believers
• Baptism - receiving baptism requests, editing testimonies, scheduling, and set up and tear down of baptismal
• Belong Class - responsible for planning monthly membership class
• Membership - responsibilities include coordinating member commissioning and annual member renewal process
- Event planning/Researcher
- Ability to effectively engage new people and those outside of their ethnicity(multi-ethnic)
- Writing and communication
- Ability to create effective systems and improve existing ones
- 5 C’s of a Staff Member Fulfill the expectations of a staff member at The Bridge Church written in the Staff 5 C’s. Character, Competency, Capacity, Chemistry, Champion
- Staff Handbook Fulfills all requirements and expectations written in the Staff Handbook ofThe Bridge Church.
- Weekly Office Hours and Work Schedule Fulfills the following weekly office hours:
• Sunday, 7:00am-1:00pm & 3:00 - 6:00
• Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-4:30pm
• As needed for church events requiring staff attendance.
Employee Type: Full-time, Exempt
Annual Salary: To be discussed in the interview process
Health Insurance: To be discussed in the interview process
Full-time benefits: Found in Staff Handbook for Full-time Employees
Time Off: Found in Staff Handbook for Full-time Employees
Supervisor: Pastor Chris Green, Pastor of Teaching and Discipleship
Start Date: TBD